Residential pesticide use by homeowners and pest control services is the main source of pesticide pollution in San Francisco Bay. Pesticides wash into storm drains and creeks during rain or when you water your garden.
- Visit OurWaterOurWorld.org for more information on Bay-friendly gardening techniques and products.
- Click here for local stores that stock supplies with the Our Water our World symbol.
- Never spray pesticides when rain is forecast.
- Never wash pesticides down an indoor or outdoor drain.
- Avoid spraying the perimeter outside of your house in the fight against pests. Instead, seek the services of a certified “less toxic” pest control professional.
- Looking for a “Bay-friendly” gardener? Visit the Bay Friendly Landscaping and Gardening Coalition.
- Got a pest problem you just can’t solve? Ask the Expert.
- Pocket Guide – This pocket-guide offers product choices to handle pests that are less toxic to people, pets and the environment.
- Grow It Guide – A guide to control pests and plant disease using less toxic methods.
- Drought-Proof Landscapes – Bay Area Stormwater Agencies Urge Residents To Garden With Native Plants.